Today’s assignment has two parts, each described below. You should complete them working with a partner. A partner is one other person in the class. This does not mean you should mess around for an hour and then copy something from someone in another group.
- Read this case study here, on the ethics of taking a genetic test. (You may have heard something about this gene a few years ago when Angelina Jolie had a preventative double mastectomy after finding she had a copy of this gene.) At the end of the case study there is information presented about the perspectives of 5 different people. You are to pick 3 of these people and write a letter to Kathy from each of those three people’s perspective (as if you were that person). Each of your three letters should at least address these three questions:
- Would you encourage Kathy to get the test? Why or why not?
- What other advice would you give Kathy?
- How might these decisions affect Kathy cognitively, psychologically, emotionally?
2. Make a photosynthesis and Respiration Poster using either Google Sheets or Powerpoint. Follow these instructions below, making sure you include all 14 of the words listed:
A sample of the type of picture you might come up with (minus all the color and creativity I’m sure you’ll include) is below: